View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Cheers both.

Unsure about the facelift cars being different, my 05 facelift definitely has sensors all round as I’ve replaced a rear on it.

I think wiring will definitely be next, continuity check is definitely a good shout, cheers for that! I’ve had a quick check of the wiring at the ABS module and the wrapping does seem very brittle so just need to find time to unwrap it all.

Just a thought, the sensor(s) I’ve replaced it with have been Bosch sensors but not genuine Audi parts. I.e. the one I took out had the genuine Audi stamps as well as the Bosch but the new ones only have Bosch. Do you think this would have any bearing on the sensor working as it should? I’m unsure whether it’s worth getting a hold of a genuine sensor and trying that.

Cheers
I had an ABS sensor failure on my previous Mercedes. I was going to replace with a Bosch (not sure what the OEM was) but was advised on Mercedes forums to only replace with genuine. This was from respectable Indies who had replaced lots of these and have seen issues arise from aftermarket sensors, even reputable companies like Bosch. I don't know if the same would go for Audi but I would be inclined to use a genuine part as it rules out a faulty sensor
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder