View Single Post
Old 30th January 2015, 10:51 AM

Finally finished! Well nearly.....still got to repair the broken plastic barb on the trim under the headlight, but I'll do that after writing this!

I collected my new driver's side lens yesterday, so this morning was all about cleaning the reflectors, replacing the outer lens with new gasket and getting the bulbs fitted, then back in the car and off down to my local indy who then checked and adjusted the beam alignment for me (drivers side was low but otherwise all good)

New lens fitted and reassembly on the bench done - the box for the lens was dated January '14 so pretty recent stock, so they're still making some stuff!

Both LED sidelights now fitted

and with the headlights on you get a nice white light, rather than a tinge of yellow courtesy of the old school sidelights!

I'll see what it's like to drive at night (probably tonight as I'm off to Surbiton karting) and I might order some new xenons - although these are 4 years old I know they were old stock from when the cars were current, so I think more modern bulbs will give a better light output.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC