View Single Post
Old 7th June 2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Having just got home we have to totally agree with and support all the sentiments above, everyone involved did a great job.

Ray, I hope Gwen is safely home now and things are more stable from now on.
In fact we also were in the same area as you on Monday, but not quite as far South as Bakewell, though might have been able to join you had we known.
We drove to Edale on Monday morning ( pretty close to Treak Cliff cavern) and, difficult to comprehend in this forum I know, but the S8 was parked behind the Ramblers Inn there and didn't move for 48 hours!

Hmm!! Nice thought. Convoy of a tri-axle and an 8.
I was out again yesterday with the big bus but only around the Clitheroe area. Also narrow lanes and a pub carvery lunch.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on Gwen. She is back home, but tethered to an oxygen concentrator. About 15 meteres of plastic pipe means that she can patrol the house, paddle upstairs to bed and can meander around some of the garden. The equipment was ordered Monday afternoon, installed first thing Tuesday and within the hour I was allowed to transport her home. We have O2 cylinders for emergency and travelling.
End result is that she is much happier to be home, today is Isaacs first birthday, she missed his Christening on Sunday, and again very slowly improving.
All we can do is keep hoping.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)