View Single Post
Old 26th April 2012, 05:22 AM

Default Retrofit & wiring question?

I've been thinking...dangerous I know but when it comes to retrofitting options that might be missing from the car is it made easy on the D3 by the existing harness having the required wiring already in place or not?

I believe on the D2 Pre-facelift for example most of the wiring was already in place (seems to make sense as it means only one wiring harness for the whole range) but when it came to my Facelift S8 D2 most of these additional wires/connectors appear to have been removed making it more difficult to add those bells & whistles or toys you wanted without much additional wiring etc.

Is this also the case on the D3 or did Audi go back to having one harness for the car with the necessary wiring in place for those options we can't live without?

Thinking particularly about front massage seats, rear electric seats, heated screen, heated steering wheel, rear blinds, rear entertainment pack, tyre pressure monitoring, power close doors etc.

Here I am only having had my car for a couple of days and already wondering what else I can bolt on...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 26th April 2012 at 05:28 AM.