Thread: My 01 S8
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan View Post
Which one of these 3 locations is the best place to mount the relay where it's not interfering with something?
Anywhere in that area should be fine since there's nothing else there. I'd stick it next to the chassis leg since its closer to the warm engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan
I removed the left side spark plugs and all 4 of them look like this. What is causing the oil on the plugs? How concerned should I be?
Oil on the plugs on a V8 is quite rare as it can't get in via the cam cover gasket like on the V6. The only route really is if the spark plug tube isn't seated in the head properly. Clean it and see if it comes back

Quote:
What is this wire for (at the red arrow)?
Oil level sensor in the sump

Quote:
This is what the left cylinder head looks like. Any tips on removing the cam shafts so I can replace the valve springs?
RTFM There's an order to remove the cam caps so the cams don't bend. It'll be in the Tech Dump somewhere. Clean all the schmutz out of the bolt heads before starting, and using the T30 torx bit as a drift, hit each bolt sharply with a hammer to break the stiction. They take a surprising amount of force to break loose, then just spin out. Buy the best quality T30 Torx bit you can find.

Quote:
This probably isn't going to be fun cleaning off this sealant.

WD40 or naptha-based brake cleaner usually makes short work of silicone sealants.