View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:24 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Nice work on the GPU rig

Miningrigrentals was a good find. I've had chance to play with it myself now (on just one of the L3+ miners so far) and I've already had a couple of rentals. Like you, I've set the price manually. I'll probably keep adjusting the price upwards a little to find the spot where it makes more than it does on NH but still gets rented fairly frequently.

Strangely, I find Miningrigrentals makes me feel a lot more 'connected' with the buyers of hashing power than NH does. While it's being rented, I feel a strange sense of responsibility towards the the L3+, knowing that someone has paid to use it for a number of hours. No longer do I feel like I can turn it off and on whenever I like.

Presently I'm using the L3s own pool priority switching, with miningrigrentals as the first pool and NH as the second, to automatically fall back to NH when it's not being rented. I notice it's possible to configure fall-back pools in your miningrigrentals rig rental settings too. Are you using that or just the L3's own pool priority switching?
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust