Thread: Rear 12V point
View Single Post
Old 4th July 2016, 02:54 AM

Default Resurrection of old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Peach View Post
Folks - during this weekend, the rear 12V socket (cigarette lighter) stopped working. I assumed that I'd somehow managed to blow the fuse, so I swapped it with the front one and have confirmed the fuse to be fine. So, what else is it likely to be? I'll have a look at it over next weekend, but if there are any suggestions where to start it'd be appreciated.

On a side note, that may or may not be connected, the rear courtesy lights have started flashing on and off a little when they're supposed to be on. A little knock on the assembly brings it back briefly, but i obviously have a dodgy connection up there.

Cheers
Hello Professor Peach.

My A8L seems to have succumbed to the same problem. I'm aware of the rear electrics being cut when you press the driver's door switch to stop kiddies playing with the rear windows etc. but that's not the problem. I've checked the 15amp fuse in the driver's footwell, and that's ok. It's the 5th one along I think in the bottom brown fuse section.

Did you get anywhere with your issue as this one has foxed me?

Cheers,
John G