Thread: rusted noise
View Single Post
Old 1st October 2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erubus View Post
I have the same quandary as you. My car is roughly the same mileage and does the owl hoot thing. It is also not the smoothest, gearchanges can be felt as jerks especially at low speeds.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gill
Hi

Thank you for the long write up. I just went through the paperwork I received with the car..I am the second former keeper and service book is filled with audi stamps since new. The book say's Audi did ATF change at 37K which was 103k ago. Then the car was off audi's system and maintenance from 74K and returned at 111k(4 years later) I contacted audi and they said they not able to tell what has been done on the car in that period. Since 2011(111k on the clock) until today the car did 38k miles.
The thing is, the car seems to change gears smoothly in all gears but the hoot is just annoying and want to get rid before it become major problem.
£220(ATF oil+filter) is a fixed price at audi if my garage beat Audi's price I will get it change with same fluid over there...If the tranny dies by feb.2018 I will claim the repair through my extended warranty(hopefully)
or
Should I go to audi get it change and if something goes wrong with the tranny within a month or so audi should take a full responsibility as they should be aware not to replace ATF fluid at that high milage car.
What do you think

Previous : Chevrolet Blazer 2001 LT 4.3 petrol