Thread: Oil Service
View Single Post
Old 16th July 2014, 07:37 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Two true Kwik Fit stories:

1. Some time ago I took my D2 to a local indy for a few jobs, including a wheel alignment check.

When I picked it up, the 'alignment' had resulted in a car that didn't feel right and a steering wheel that was miles off 'straight'.

When challenged, the indy confessed that their alignment machine was faulty, so they'd sent the car to the local Kwik Fit! The indy sorted it properly on their, now working, machine and gave me a refund.

2. Many, many moons ago, I drove a Triumph Spitfire and got a puncture. So I swapped it for the spare and took the punctured wheel into Kwik Fit for repair. Picked it up a day later and went to put it back on the car as the 'spare' was a little lacking in tread.

It didn't fit! Clearly, they'd mixed my wheel up with one from another car. They assured me they knew which car had got my wheel and they'd get it swapped. But after 2 months of fobbing me off with one excuse after another, I insisted that they bought me a new wheel and tyre - which they eventually did.

But I always wondered about the poor sod who had my Spitfire wheel as a spare in his boot. He probably got a puncture one dark, wet night, went to put the spare on and it didn't fit!

The moral of this story is "You can't get better than a Kwik Fit f**k-up".
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).