View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I would counter that 'best and cheapest option' is just to keep it full of fuel

All the usual stuff which would be done for this problem has already been done so this is something new to me. Prestige suggested replacing the tank on the basis that there's a collapsed hose inside, but that's quite a large undertaking. I'm going to have to drop the tank on Big Red soon as she runs out of fuel completely randomly, but also appears to have a vapour leak on the top of the tank. I'd be quite keen to have a good look inside and see what potential hose issues there may be, but alas my calendar is full until the winter which doesn't help much
Did you drop the tank in the end? I also had a vapour leak, from the offside after a muppet replaced the fuel pump, ran out at a quarter as you know. I tried reseating the whole assembly and posted about it here at the time. It's a mare of a job and I really struggled, not sure if its because you end up off your face, but ans posted the procedure and followed to the word the 3rd time i did it and it was a more positive click when in. Still ran out at a quarter and I wonder now if a hose was ruined by the previous ettempts.

Bright yellow bus o love.