View Single Post
Old 11th December 2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Having recently acquired an endoscope camera to check/probe the scuttle drains: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15325 I was wondering if it could also be used to check the aircon condensate tray without removing the transmission tunnel trim panels?
Is there a way in that anyone can think of, or do we just have to take the trim panel off and attack the orange drains directly?
After having had great success with my cowl/scuttle drains recently, I was thinking of much the same thing as the windows have now started to show condensation. I've resigned myself to taking off the carpeted sides of the transmission tunnel as I only did the passenger side last time. That will teach me to be thorough and not lazy. I'll check first on ELSAWIN to see if there's anything the endoscope camera can assist with, although something tells me we'll probably always have to do it this way with those pesky orange drain plugs. Having said that, if I do find that my passenger side is still clear, the best solution in my case would be to snip just a few millimetres off from the end of the squidgy orange plug on the driver's side too.