View Single Post
Old 6th August 2017, 02:57 PM

Well i took the plunge and ordered a copy, not from ross-tech. Got the 17. whatever it was version with a hex can plug so will see what like it is. Hopefully it will let me see what the story is and play around with it until I can afford to get genuine unlimited version. I will play around with the knackered A6 first just to get a feel for it although without being able to run the engine I'm not sure what I will be able to do. It might let e see if the dodgy dealer i bought it from did something to stop the oil pressure warning from coming on - That was what killed it. Think i managed something like 90 miles in the caer before it blew up.

I haven't tried changing the battery myself, but the PO changed the battery a couple of months before I bought it to try and solve the same problem, plus Ive tried the battery out of the D2 and another one that lives in the boot as an emergency booster and the ones out of both Land rovers. It happens with all the batteries and theyre definitely not all knackered batteries. I'm reluctant to shell out another £100 or so for another new battery, although if I did i would probably get one of the glass mat ones. I can get a 950A one for about £100. I think it was a bosch one.