View Single Post
Old 9th August 2017, 09:00 AM

Had the car plugged in again this morning when i started it up. Needed a jump because I had drained the battery yesterday playing about with it trying to start it etc. With the jump leads on it was turning over about 180 ish rpm, and about 90 bar fuel pressure before it started. I had a graph up but thngs moved a little too fast to see what was happening. i couldnt figure out how to save and view the graph. When running at idle it was a touch under 400bar pressure and about 700rpm. Interestingly, 126 rpm and 62 bar gives you roughly 0.5bar per revolution and 400 bar at 700 gives you about 0.5 bar per revoluton as well.

This suggests to me that the pressure is directly related to the engine speed, therefore it is the engine speed which is holding off the injection as the pressure isnt high enough. As jumping it isnt making any difference when its hot anymore, i'm still inclined to think starter motor. I dont know if im reading the data properly but it seems a logical deduction to me. does anyone have any thoughts?

gill