View Single Post
Old 6th December 2021, 08:19 PM

Many thanks for your replies Terminal 56 is the DIN number for the supply to the headlights with 56a being high beam and 56b low beam, in my experience with Porsche and VW it is always labelled on the light switches and relays.

I have checked out the front and rear level sensors and both appear to function correctly, terminal 1 has a good earth, terminal 5 has a 5 volt supply and terminal 4 varies with the position of the arm and gives 2.5 volts with the arm lined up with the plug socket which appears to be the at rest position.
I read elsewhere that with the dipped beam switched on moving the arms should move the lights up/down, unfortunately this doesn't happen with either sensor. Could it be the headlamp control module ? Where is it located ?
I am still getting the 01533 Terminal 56 error code and warning light, I did notice that the warning light is there immediately I select reverse but if I leave it in gear and turn the ignition off and on, for a couple of seconds I get an OK then the headlight warning light returns, could it be a calibration issue ?
Any suggestions gratefully received.