View Single Post
Old 21st January 2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianHicks View Post
I haven't pulled the 'Advanced Entry' fuse that Lee indicated yet as I wasn't sure of the consequence of disabling the whole entry system. [I presume Lee disabled it overnight and used the sophisticated Pico system to watch the current map for the whole night to see there were no regular pulse peaks of drain increase from the now disabled entry system].

But while I await my clamp meter from China, I thought I'd try and test what happens when I take out the right rear door fuse from the right hand end of the dashboard. [This is the 7.5A fuse at location 41]. I did this because I assumed all contact with the door would be lost and the 'always on' button wouldn't be able to wake up the Kessy system.

But it didn't work as I thought it would. The door was disabled so that the lock and handles wouldn't work, but VCDS could still 'see' the Rear Right Door ECU and I could still look at the ECU Measuring Blocks. And if VCDS can see the ECU, the ECU would obviously continue to 'wake' the Kessy system while the car was off and locked. So the ECU interface to other ECUs in the car is not routed through the fuse path.

I've tried making sense of the circuit diagrams for the 2005 on Right door ECU [Section 87 of the Current Flow PDF] but can't work out how to isolate the ECU signal to prove or disprove the door ECU as the cause of my drain. I guess I could get the door panel off and cut the wire from the button to the ECU - at least I can work out what colour that is from Section 87.

Julian
Perhaps just unplug the handle!?