View Single Post
Old 7th January 2015, 12:19 PM

I was meaning the 2nd clear lens cover, behind the main one. I gather it has 4 lugs that need to be sprung off the front to get to the reflectors.

This pic pulled from Iyole's thread on refurbing the bi-xenons shows the bit I mean, although the lugs are virtually invisible in this pic!

The black plastic covers on the rear of the headlight assembly are still available and come with the seals.

Just been on to TPS and ordered the new rubber gaskets, which are available from stock in UK. Also 6 clips to replace the rough looking ones on top and any that I break on removal! Also new rubber retainers for the trim under the light where it joins the wing as they're bound to be aged.

Also managed to pick up 2 windscreen wiper blade inserts, which are no longer being produced. They had 3 available so I had 2 of them! Hopefully my blades turn out to be the correct factory type that the rubbers can be swapped on and not some aftermarket jobbies! They look correct to me - passenger one has the correct curve to it....

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC