View Single Post
Old 16th February 2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Congratulations on the S8 Sean, it's a beauty

Might I ask if you or Conquistador encountered any problems while removing the D3 centre console.
Cheers. It's certainly attracting attention from family and DPD couriers.

With regards the centre console, I thought mine was stuck as well, compared to how easy the video shows it.

What I did was pry it out not from the very top, but from the sides where the ashtray used to be. I'm not sure if there's a clip or not behind it, but I applied a little bit of pressure from the inside of the console, just below the trim to be removed, whilst pulling gently upwards. That seemed to free it up. I then repeated the process on the other side, and that freed up the top of the trim. As mentioned in the video, just be careful as you pull it up past the dash.

I did manage to get out for a short run yesterday and discovered that I hadn't fitted the ashtray properly, as the cover would pop open when going over a bit of rough road. Something for me to check over the weekend.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds