View Single Post
Old 11th June 2016, 12:50 PM

I have Goddyear Eagle F1 on D2 S8 in 255/45R19 and don't like them all that much. They are quite I give you that but so are most the the modern tyres that have a lot of radial grooves and little cross cuts. Being extra load (102 I think) they have thicker, harder sidewall so fairly hard compared to others I have had.

The thing I don't like about most ids that they don't grip unless it's warm say 20C+ and on clean, dry tarmac. If it's below 15C, wet or offroad the grip is pretty poor but again so are a lot of other modern tyres that are made with fuel consumption as a priority.

I have to say that from all the tyres I have used over years Michelins are my favourite but have not used any of recent models. Good performance at any conditions, little wear making them last long and performance does not drop off with age as much as other tyres I have used.

I don't like Dunlops either, they are pretty good when new but become hard and loose performance very quickly with age. My second favourites after Michelin are probably Continentals.

Can we have some refurbed wheel pics, where did you get them done and how much did it cost if you don't mind sharing.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure