View Single Post
Old 19th October 2017, 08:51 AM

Default Detail added!

All,

Car is now home and sorted so time to add the detail, pictures will follow at the weekend.

Summary
- Black with Cream Leather interior Audi A8L D3, 4.2TDi
- 104k miles (ignore thread title, thought it was 106k)
- Full extensive service history with "big" service completed in March at approximately 99k miles)
- Just back from garage with new KESSY fitted and drain holes drilled out, cleared etc. to stop water ingress (common issue which i was informed had been done prevoiusly!)
- Exterior condition is excellent for age - The only marks are right at the back where the boot lid has the standard bubbled paint above the number plate and it's also scuffed a pole at some point so marks on bumper (pics to follow)
- Interior condition is excellent with the only mark being on the drivers side B pillar where there is some fraying (again pics will follow)

Spec
I hunted for a while to find a car with a high spec, decent mileage, FSH and when this one popped up i paid a premium for it.
- Bang and Olufsen Stereo
- MMI including Navigation (pop up screen), DAB Radio etc.
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Electric, Heated and Cooled Massage Seats front and back
- Memory seats in front with memory settings for driver also controlling mirrors and steering wheel
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heat Insulated Double Glazed Windows
- Solar Sunroof
- Electric Rear Window Blind
- Electric Rear Door Blinds - These are currently coded out as when put back on they were constantly going up and down, i've now realised this is very likely the switch unit on the roof at fault so probably an easy/cheap fix)
- Quad Zone Climate Control
- Extended Leather Pack with Comfort Plus seats

"Bad Bits"
- As stated above there is a scuff on the rear bumper and the bubbled paint on the boot
- At certain frequencies there is a little distortion on the stereo, coming from the front centre, bit of research implies front centre speaker and found a thread on here recently of someone replacing - not a constant issue, just sometimes
- The car has soft close on all doors but only the rear drivers door works
- The car has a power boot, for opening if you start it by an inch it then does the remainder itself, for closing if you press the button it closes over but doesn't "catch" so then the right hand side pops up a little (where the motor is) - believe this is likely the latch motor

Car drives beautifully, suspension responds to changes in settings and raises / lowers quickly and light then goes out. The 4.2TDi (imo) suits the car perfectly with loads of torque, a decent noise (for an oil burner!) and the ability to waft along perfectly! I get 32/33mpg average with mixed driving and on a few longer trips have managed 43/44mpg although i would admit it was a specific exercise to see how high i could get!

I'm struggling to put a price on it as i paid a premium for the spec, mileage and between the big service and the KESSY have put some money into the car, however appreciate that doesn't mean anything for cars. Based on other cars for sale just now i'm looking for £8500 for a quick sale.

I'm based in the South Side of Glasgow and would be happy to meet anyone at train station/airport.

Thanks,
Chris
07737 678 473

Last edited by chrisc201; 19th October 2017 at 08:56 AM.