View Single Post
Old 20th October 2017, 08:48 AM

Thanks "Homer".... i bought it with intention of getting everything back to perfect but a hectic work schedule and too many hobbies mean i've just not got round to it. Tidying up the boot / bumper would get it aesthetically near to perfect, sorting the boot/rear blinds would complete the picture... my calculations of options takes it to c£100k list price... it certainly drives like it, never yet had someone that's been in it that hasn't been amazed and the lack of noise, amazing comfort and the gadgets!

Simon - I believe the issue is the scuttle drain blocks up, leading to water ingress that pools in the footwells... poor design arguably but the kessy unit and a few other components sit in the passenger footwell so often end up frying them! It's an expensive bill (4 figures!) so for anyone with an A8 i'd ensure that the suggested modification on the drains being drilled out (believe it's both in the scuttle panel and in the footwell but don't quote me as didn't do it personally!) is completed to save the future issue.

Will get the pictures up this weekend and hopefully it'll be off to a new home soon..... seeing as i've already bought it's replacement ;-)

Last edited by chrisc201; 20th October 2017 at 08:58 AM.