View Single Post
Old 8th February 2018, 06:39 PM

An independent repair shop, Mekonomen, told me they don't want the job. The car is to old and the job to difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Try Talking to Conny Sjoberg on the following facebook forum (or message me if you dont have facebook) as he has many contacts in Sweden for 8 Owners and may well be able to suggest who you can go to instead to do the work
https://www.facebook.com/groups/D.Serien/
I spoke with Conny last evening. He mentioned Mekonomen, the repair shop. And he suggested that resetting any errors might clear the fuel pump. As he thought it might not get any electrical current now.
I asked Audi about testing to reset fault codes. But he told me the car is so old one cannot do that. One has to measure voltage on the fuel pump. Which he claimed they have done.
I believe the representative got annoyed by my questions. Oh well.

Talking to another who I have been told earlier is a trained mechanic, so I assumed he knew more. But he responded by telling me he knows nothing about these cars. They are so old almost no one remembers them.

So the current agreement is. They will fix the fuel pump while I am gone for work. I know it will be more expensive than fixing it myself. But I already have to pay for the fault finding. And transporting the car back home isn't cheap either.

Then I will take the car home and try to fix or replace the faulty electrical wiring myself.

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98