View Single Post
Old 26th January 2023, 07:58 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I now have my S8 and and and Audi TTS. Both are on the road all year and, although I’m now retired and do a much reduced mileage, they are both in regular use. I have no ‘man maths’ to justify ownership - just a total joy of owning and driving them. I don’t play golf and don’t gamble, so I think this hobby and retirement pleasure sits comfortably in my own mind. I’ve also been in the frame of mind of enjoying cars since my early conversion to older cars - my first was a 1965 mini, then a 1957 A35 van (a concours winner), then a 1952 Austin Somerset (also a concours winner) and, after a long spell of company cars, an A8, an S8 (now in David’S8) ownership and my current S8 (now mine for over 10 years). I love my S8 and love driving it and, hopefully, with MJ’s help, she’ll (the S8) see me out (I’m just shy of 69!).
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).