View Single Post
Old 28th May 2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Finally got around to doing this last week. A cold and blustery day but great fun. Really learnt a thing or two about the car. Like how using the tiptronic buttons on the wheel is so much better than leaving it in auto sport. Whilst the box is OK in general use, it cannot anticipate a climbing curve. The car also really impresses with having been too late or too fast into a turn it will accept being dragged back onto the line without fuss or complaint.
The instructor thought it was fun too and was impressed by its power and handling.
This took me back to my two 'Ring trips with Herman a few years back - which I intend to do again, now that MJ's fettled him. Using the triptronic buttons become like second nature pretty quickly (the Ring is a very long track....), the only real challenge being using them to change gear when you're also making a sharp turn .

Great fun though, and a real demonstration of the dual character of an S8.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.