View Single Post
Old 15th January 2021, 12:08 PM

It seems that the halogen projector lenses are exactly the same as the original HID projectors so in terms of beam pattern there isn't a problem. My spare headlights had factory HIDs and are the same. It's not like I'm sticking HIDs in a reflector lens which would just chuck light randomly all over the place. You can see that the pattern from the HIDs is nice and sharp and exactly where it needs to be.

Picture of actual headlights attached for clarity.

As for the auto levelling . . . . well I suppose it's an only an issue depending who's looking at it once a year.

The 55W ballasts onto 35W bulbs seems to be a fairly well practised thing around the globe. Definite increase in intensity at the expense of shortening the bulb's life.

The LEDs are indeed just in the high beam reflector lens and seeing as the high beam's job is simply to illuminate the whole world in front of you the LEDs perform the task rather nicely.

eBay link is here

Seems to be just some guy with some stock rather than a dedicated autobulb seller or the like. I also bought H11s for the D3's fogs and H8's for its cornering lights. Yet to fit them but will report back when I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	507.6 KB
ID:	25172  

2009 A8 4.2 FSi LWB - Marine Blue - 164k miles. Extras? Too many to list. But I do like the Rear Seat Entertainment . . . . . .

477k miles to the moon and back. 238k to go and between them they'll have made it!