View Single Post
Old 20th July 2018, 07:51 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
I don't suppose you have (or could have by Monday) breakdown cover that would "get you to your destination for that planned trip you had to Glasgow?
That's what I did, or at least that was my plan in case my car didn't make it to Glasgow.

I phoned the RAC and extended my cover the day before but I didn't need it as it turned out. Despite continual complaining and thumping from the box, it pulled into Makie's car park under its own steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Mark - if they do take the pan off, get them to check the flange with a straight edge and make sure none of the bolt holes are tweaked. If they are, they can be flattened out with a couple of chunks of steel and a vice. Torque values for the bolts are in the 5HP service manual. You'll need a new gasket obviously, and I find Blue Hylomar helps seal them up nicely. Problem with doing it on the car is that two of the bolts at the back are obscured by the driver's side cat so its impossible to get a torque wrench on them. You have to get a feel for what the others are tightening to with the torque wrench and use a calibrated wrist on those two!
Thanks MJ, that's very helpful info. I shall let them know
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust