View Single Post
Old 21st July 2018, 11:41 AM

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, it's very reassuring knowing others have been there before! Hopefully Monday will reveal much more, he's coming in the afternoon now and I'm keeping all my fingers and all my toes crossed. It makes walking really difficult! And walking is what I am doing a lot of, at least for now.

I don't really want to mess about with it until we have a scan. I have never actually tried the car is S or tried the tiptronic as it happens?

I do have super dooper breakdown cover so that should be okay, if it comes to it. I am aware of David, I think he's in Crawley? However in all honesty I don't want to move it an inch under it's own steam like that. I'm still not assuming the worst but I can't pretend it's at the back of my mind.

Assuming it's not a total box rebuilt, are the other jobs something a half competent mechanic should be able to do? It will be going to Devon later in the year for some real D2 love and this car deserves that.

I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a car so much and I've had a few! And I've clearly been lucky with gearboxes in the last 30 years!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.