View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 12:46 PM

Having currently had an ABS issue, here are my findings.

The parking brake is part of the same system so it will sort itself out once the ABS unit is fixed. I contacted a few of the repairer/remanufacturers and they can repair certain faults. ECUtesting will pick it up FOC and test it. Their test fee is £45 +VAT but will waive the fee if they cannot repair it or if you decide to go ahead with a repair. All companies have stated if it is the processor then they cannot repair it. Mine was a rare part number and so was hard to find a replacement, yours seems more generic and so there should be replacement options.

Definitely check the wiring as advised, it is a known issue. The ABS pump itself does not need to be removed if you need to send it off for repair, just the module is sufficient. There are 6x torx 25 screws. Mine being an S8 the engine bay is crowded and I found removing my air box gave me much better access. I also had removed the inner arch liner to help me get it out. Good luck
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder