View Single Post
Old 16th October 2021, 03:07 PM

OK...thanks for the tips. Here goes. First up in chronological order of works - fitting the 7F as that should be the easiest part.

When I purchased the RSE bundle from eBay UK unusually it came with a plastic sleeve that the 7F unit slides into and the whole top trim that sits above the ski hatch.

Removing that trim is easy...just tuck your fingers into where the back of the trim sits into the parcel shelf and pull forward to disengage the two plastic legs from the metal speedclips and then pull it up and out of the way.

The replacement which has the roller shutter door can then be fitted in its place and the plastic sleeve with the 7F is slid into the opening and secured with 4 small screws.

Now you see me...

Now you don't...

Unfortunately the chrome trim strip is missing from the bottom of the roller shutter door but no great loss. I will keep my eye open for a replacement at some point though.

Now the 7F is in place the view from the boot looks like this;

Inside the back panel there is an outline trace of where a cut needs to be made (see above photo) so the plastic cover can be clipped and fitted into place to cover the arse end of the 7F including the wiring which when cut looks like this;

From the back - not the greatest cut in the world and I hope when it comes to cutting the wooden trim I can & will do better

From the front

And fitted in place. The £20 plastic cover is on its way from Latvia to keep things nice and tidy

Next I'll move onto the monitors as I want to sanity check the layout of this post before I progress any further!

-=Glyn=-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image14.png
Views:	607
Size:	974.0 KB
ID:	27294   Click image for larger version

Name:	image15.png
Views:	619
Size:	962.6 KB
ID:	27295   Click image for larger version

Name:	image16.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	27296   Click image for larger version

Name:	image17.jpeg
Views:	619
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	27297   Click image for larger version

Name:	image18.jpeg
Views:	629
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	27298   Click image for larger version

Name:	image19.jpeg
Views:	615
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	27299  

Last edited by GlynH; 16th October 2021 at 04:08 PM.