View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2018, 11:54 AM

I received the pipes from A8parts yesterday. first off can someone take a look to check if they look right. I'm sure they will be but I was expecting a pipe with a curly pig tail on one end. Is that a different, probably NLA pipe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181102_120843.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	595.1 KB
ID:	20367

On a second point. Do the pictures bellow accurately represent what it is that is inside one of the hoses that makes it so difficult to replicate,

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2598-vi.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	20369[/ATTACH]

On inspection of the hoses I have it looks like one of the hoses is actually quite un-remarkable in that it is simple hydraulic hoes. The solid pipework looks like the most complex part of this but should be achievable if we can find a good hose company.

The second hose seems to be, again, un-remarkable for half of it's length. Simple hydraulic hose with a solid pipe section at either end. Ok, the solid pipe is quite lengthy and has a few bends in it but surely not impossible to replicate. The second half of that pipe on the other hand does look quite special. Do you agree, have I over simplified the other 3/4 of the two pipes.

I have sent an email to Conti Tec who it looks like originally manufactured this pipe to see if they can help at all but I won't hold my breath. These big companies are not usually that interested in dealing directly with the end user.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2595-vi (1).jpg
Views:	445
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	20368