View Single Post
Old 7th November 2017, 02:39 PM

Hi There,

Must admit my S7 has been pretty easy to deal with. It can only really do one thing and that's mine BTC. Who for is the biggest thing and dealing with the noise/heat I guess.
All in I'm pretty happy with that one. I'm slowly building up to my first *ACTUAL* return in BTC paid out. Slushpool has a bit more of a random gamble in it, but it's also more interesting. Being online with a good hashrate when a coin drops is nice,A coin taking unreasonably long is irksome and being offline when a couple drop almost makes you cry. It's fun to monitor though and they have a nice android app for it!
They do ZEC too, which I may have a go with the GPU rig....

With the GPU rig i've had a play with lots of miners, pools and sites. Some good, some less so. Not sure about the minergate reviews for example, but the software is fun. Nicehash i'm still not convinced with either. Though getting pools set up takes some effort and which miner with what coin is a HUGE area of info.

Interestingly my first play was XMG (almost worthless CPU miner) as it was what would run on my laptop. I'm almost up to a coin, but how quite i get my payout address to work i've no idea as i set-up a wallet (took ages syncing) but no matter what address i try it doesn't seem to like it. Tried on https://www.suprnova.cc/ too as I'd set up there to try ETC/DCR dual (claymore) and it doesn't work there, though my Ether wallet does, so I'm guessing that's genuine....

I've yet to find a coin with much return though, they all seem to take an age to get anywhere mining and whilst i'd like a portfolio of coins i'm wondering in buying them isn't the better route, even if that's with BTC as it seems the ubiquotious coin EVERYWHERE for transfer etc

It's a definate journy. Also to note that whilst i was going to put the GPU rig in my server room at home, it's quite nice with this cold spell in my living room and with the TV on you can't hear it

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)