View Single Post
Old 10th January 2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCC View Post
here it is, in my dropbox.

I am also working with Wolfgang form JustAnswer.com.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51s3xjeact...m-109156mi.txt

so many fault codes, I'm amazed the car still runs.

After looking at this, Wolfgang recommended clearing the battery codes, charging the battery and testing the suspension again. he gave me some specific instructions that I passed along to the shop. I'd be so happy to buy a battery if that fixed it.

Let me put this on the record: If you need Audi service or VW service in Omaha, Nebraska, go to S-Line Motorsports. Really sharp guys who know their stuff. They are really bending over backwards to find this very elusive problem ( Wait, does that phrase make sense in the UK ). Great bunch of guys! http://slinemotorsports.com/.

Now, hopefully they can find this problem.

I'm beyond frustration, and have accepted that this is just some kind of lesson or test that God is putting me through Or maybe some kind of bad karma (car-ma?) I have to pay off. Or maybe I am earning good karma for my next one. I dunno. So I'm trying not to get emotional about it (angry, frustrated, depressed). My WIFE however is ALL KINDS OF UPSET and is mostly starting to blame me as if I am personally responsible for this thing not being fixed.
Looking through your faults I wouldn't concern yourself too much.

The biggest culprit is the Battery here, you can see the battery manager has rapidly went through the different shut down stages, either the battery was already discharged or its past its use by date.

That said you can start the car which will tell the battery manger to turn on all systems.

Then you could clear the faults while the car is running and re-scan to get a better representation of what's truly wrong.

If your shop decides to charge the battery instead it should be done on the car so the battery manager knows its state of charge, if you don't then it should be coded in as a new battery if it was removed to be charged.

Hopefully after clearing faults with car running the bad comms to suspension control will be ok, if its not you will need to investigate why, but we can cross that bridge when you get there.

For now either replace and code your battery, or charge it, run the car and clear the faults and re-scan and report back.

Good luck