View Single Post
Old 1st January 2018, 10:42 AM

Hello John , I’m just wondering here if its the keyless entry system causing this , because when the faulty door handles trigger this partially powers up the body control and I’m wondering if it’s this wake up call is setting the Bluetooth off in its wake up procedure .

I know it’s raining all the time just now but would you say it worse when the cars wet .....the wet handles tend to trigger off more .

I did a post on the handles some time ago ...iirc is there a fuse on the passenger side end of dash board which dissables the KESSY , bit of an arse but you could pull that fuse and manually use the key to get in and out of the car just to see if the blue tooth then starts to behave itself.

On my he a8 I had , I had trouble with the handles , i put a shunt across the battery and left our scope monitoring over 24 hour time base ..in the wet throughout the night the car would wake up and go back to sleep up to 30 times a night ......every wake up iirc was about a 6amp drain for 3 or 4 mins at a time , in most cases the cars battery monitoring would kick in and turn the circuits off for battery preservation...... you would get the quiicent current fault codes in battery regulation .

Go to be worth a try