View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
You could well be right, there are a couple of clear batches on OV10 plates, silver seem to be higher spec than the black ones..... was there an Audi sponsored event in 2010 they needed a fleet for!?

Mine sat unregistered in a yard/showroom, was registered as a 60 plate and bought by the first owner with a very low mileage, also a few tweaks to the “usual” spec, still has a “launch” PR code on the build sticker!

There is a (smaller) batch of “launch” spec face lift cars also, but they tend to be 3l TDIs engine wise.....

I know that prior to the D5 launch there was a survey of D4 owners I took part in to assess which options should be standard, which included ACC on the down side I think laminated side glass is now optional!?
Seems like I struck it lucky with a 4.2 TDi launch spec Facelift A8L with a S9T code on the build label then!

About the only options it doesn’t have are B&O, RSE, Fridge, Rear Table & Homelink.

Really would have liked B&O, RSE would have been nice but in all honesty would never be used and the others I can live without.

-=Glyn=-