View Single Post
Old 5th March 2019, 04:57 AM

Novsight are OK reasonably good, I have tried this model https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOVSIGHT-...53.m1438.l2649

I think they probably are nowhere near 14400LM but more light than many other LED bulbs and considerably more than halogen. I have tested them in A6 C5 new Hella headlight in a dark room measuring light output on the wall with a phone app. They are about 2.5x more than halogen and 20-25% than second best LED bulbs I have tested. The selection for H1 is somewhat limited due to size constraints and most that use plastic collar does not fit that well in socket and move around. The ones I linked have metal collar that fits well in socket and I have also had others with metal collar, this model allows to rotate the bulb in any position but as a result allows bulb to wobble a bit.

Some bulbs work better in some headlights, others in other headlights. Most work reasonably well in projector style lights but reflector style has a bit more mixed results and more possibility to cause glare to others. Also if your front headlight lens cover is not best condition it will scatter some light and with more light from LEDs that will be more noticeable.

Quote:
The one thing annoys me with my 2.8 FL QS is the poor dipped beam lighting, its verging on dangerous now when dealing with modern high power HID & LED lights coming the other direction
Reflector has probably lost it's shine. You can buy universal replacement projector units if you want, even complete LED projector unit with full/dipped beam in single unit depending on how much you want to spend. This is one example but need to check availability for RHD. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bi...reselect=52976

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure