View Single Post
Old 15th August 2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
How good will a b&0 system from a 2006 car be by modern standards? And what premium price can they hold of a like for like model without it? I appreciate it was a £4K option in the day , but realistically now?

Are there options / upgrades available for the stock Bose systems or are they all so built in to the car and it’s electronics that it’s just a non starter? I’m a Saab man used to just pulling head units in and out at will. I never went as far as the fibre optic complicated models before I moved to Audi…
I recall reading a post on fb from a chap who had the latest (2019 at the time) S8 with a B&O, and he said the new B&O wasn't anywhere as good as the D3 B&O. He said it was the best system he's ever heard in any car.

The D3 audio is difficult to upgrade from one system to another. If you are not fussed about music then it's not an issue. If, like me, you are and regularly do long trips then please, whatever you do, avoid the entry level system.

That was absolutely disgraceful in a car costing whatever mine cost in 2010. Once the reality of what it would cost me to replace the system to something I could accept had dawned on me, I just turned it off and vowed to sell on. I hated driving it after that.