View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:07 PM

Question Testing the water...

All,

I am considering doing the unthinkable and selling the car. I have no idea on price yet, but would like the benefit of your collective wisdom.

It's on 130,000 miles, and having just failed MOT (like I knew it would) on front suspension, I'm about to get upper and lower arms, ARB and probably tie-rod ends done (all OEM TRW stuff....yes, factory 20s, and different lower arms...).

Never touched the gearbox...and still running very sweetly indeed.

Cosmetically, it's pretty damn good, except a dented front passenger door that I believe can be done with a paintless repair ideally. Should I bother pre-sale?

Wheels were refurbed about 4 years ago in black chrome, but could do with another refurb, but I don't see the point when a new owner may want a different finish.

As you can see in my sig, it's a very sell speced late car, with the ESSENTIAL extended leather pack 3 with alcantara headlining. I'm not kidding when I say that the headlining completely transforms the inside of the car.

I paid top dollar (about £19k) for it from Oscar Goldman a little over 8 years ago at about 55k miles, and it has been a great servant. It has full Audi history on long life servicing. The original sport recaro seats haven't been sat on for 6 years!!

Opinions please? Should I invest any more in it before sale? Anyone interested? Need any more info? Realistic price?

Start the interrogation...

Ta,
Zip

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust