View Single Post
Old 13th November 2020, 10:42 PM

I have not gone into changing my file yet, still reviewing both tuning versions.
I have found some oddities in remapfilewarehouse file, for example requested max boost has been increased from 2627 mBar to 2685, boost limiter increased to the same value ( normally you would expect it to be slightly higher) but the SVBL (Single Value Boost Limiter ) left at 2650mBar same as stock. First of all their file is rather conservative 370HP, 770Nm so I am not sure if there was any need for increased boost anyway, but because SVBL is not increased there is the risk of limp mode if boost pressure go over this limit for prolonged time. Swiftec map also has boost increased but only at the max injection quantities like you would expect and without damos for this software version I have not found SVBL for it yet.

I can also see that in RFW file rail pressure has been raised a bit at high/mid range but max values are still 1600Bar same as stock, it's probably OK for the modest gains they are doing but Swiftec has raised max pressure to 1700, I think I can go to 1800. I know it's not the greatest pump on this engine and cannot really do much more pressure or delivery rate but should be able to support 1800Bar pressure and deliver up to 450HP (I am not going for 450 with DPF in place and stock exhaust and would be happy if I get 400+), after that car needs stronger pump.

I also found the speed limiter in my file so that's being raised as well, I am probably never going over 250km/h, at least not in UK but it's nice to know option is there if needed.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure