Thread: rusted noise
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2017, 07:59 AM

Ou-key I am back after a while..

So let's get back to the ATF oil change..
As I mentioned previously my gearbox had kind of rusty hoot (one-second noise only) while flooring the pedal.
I went to my garage and watched the person to replace the fluid 6L(ZF LG6) and filter(Vaico) and I also added 710ml Lucas gearbox Antislip liquid as mentioned by one of our forum members. We have inspected drained fluid(fairly good, goldish and not smelly) so in good condition.
Replaced filter, new gasket and put gearbox pan back on. Added Lucas fluid,,then about 4,5L of LG6 fluid(until it started to leak through fill plug) started the engine and let it idle for about 5 min,guy added some more fluid,,I run it through the gears a bit and put in in D for 1-2 min while he kept adding the rest of the fluid until it started over leak again.
Tighten the fill plug and took it for a test drive and guess what?? The noise has gone and tranny became more responsive.

PS: the guy knows quite alot on Audi's,MB,BMW. We went for a test drive before the fluid change, he mentioned solenoids could be the problem and the oil might fix or not.He has got a company in Bulgaria they repair the solenoid panel(my audi for £280 or replace the whole solenoid panel for £480 in case I needed to).however, I went there prepared and scanned gearbox with VCDS and didnt find any problematic solenoids on the tranny not even after the fluid change so all good.
He also mentioned if you low on fluid your car will not move while in D without pressing the pedal due low pressure.

The conclusion is the fluid makes a difference. and I can highly advise getting it replaced if you in a doubt.

Cost of the job includes filter and 6L LG6 £280.

PS2: I went to audi and they mentioned they dont replace Tiptronic fluid only the Multi and S tronic.. When I mention my service book says the fluid has been changed on 40K miles they said someone must have ticked the wrong box..F****s, I wish I could find the invoice for it, I would make them pay it back.

Previous : Chevrolet Blazer 2001 LT 4.3 petrol