Thread: Oil Service
View Single Post
Old 31st July 2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Personally I keep a beady eye on who is working on my car. After a period of time I begin to trust the company, but still question them.
This I can agree with

Quote:
The Kwik Fit that I use does honest work and has looked after me and my cars for the last 14 years. So you can say whatever you want I will still keep using them for the right sort of jobs.
A fair point, and I guess it does vary from branch to branch depending on the staff they have in.

Quote:
I think the whole industry needs an arse kicking to be frank, especially main dealers, so when I come across someone who at least does what they promise I tend to rave a bit about it.
Totally agree with this.

I wasn't singing the praises of main dealers, not at all, more so the small owner-run independents who live on their reputation.

Quote:
As for depreciation for using Kwik Fit I've not noticed it at all. In fact, I traded my last car bought for new at private book with a fully stamped up Kwick Fit service history. There are some private buyers that will walk away, most don't care.
I'm afraid I wouldn't even come to look, it's not just a Porsche thing, an A8 is a big chunk of expensive metal too. If you were selling a 2 grand city car, then fine, but not for anything that needs the right touch.
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011