View Single Post
Old 13th September 2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
Played with it some more this evening and finally managed to get it to recognise the 2005 navigation CD.

Basically when I put the disk in, the firmware upgrade screen was popping up all the time. Previously I selected the End option, and pressed return after popping the disk back in. This is what resulted in the system saying "navigation being activated". This time by chance rather than pressing return, I pressed the right hand knob inwards and it worked. Up popped a message "Loading navigation data" and a couple of mins later I was back in business.

Tidied up the wiring behind the unit this evening, and removed the Video in motion button from the plug and play loom as it will never be used, even if I add a video source.

My A8 has a standard windscreen, so I test mounted the GPS receiver on the dash by the tax disc. Works fine in that location, picks up 6 satellites and gets a fix no problem so that's where I'll fix it I think.

Still need to get the dashpod out to install the TMC and dash can connections, still don't know what size those weird screws are. They look like allen key bolts, so maybe a small allen key will work.

I don't know if its my ears, but after doing the firmware upgrade the sound quality has improved and has more bass at all volume levels and actually sounds the same as the Symphony MK1. Before it sounded a little flat, even on the same settings.
Nice work Manny! sounds like you're almost there!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs