View Single Post
Old 13th October 2018, 10:13 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerrash View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have VCDS and there are no reported transmission faults. Car has done this maybe 3 times. There are no clunking noises at all and shifts seem pretty smooth. No fault indicator lights on the transmission indicator. The issue only happens when I am already at a complete stand still, traffic lights etc. The last time this happened was whilst having a fairly steady drive to work some nob pulled along side me at some traffic lights, clearly intending to cut me off as the lanes went from 2 to 1. Car was in drive, I moved lever to tip mode to check what gear was displayed on the dash. According to that we were in first. I put back to drive ready to set off (not sport mode). On setting off it was clear she wanted to take it steady. I was left looking like the guy who took the moral high ground and let the other guy in. On this occasion, I didn't want to be that guy. Push further on the throttle and she changes down and away we go.
That sounds to me like the common brake pedal switch problem. It's not actually setting off in a higher gear but limiting the throttle response because it thinks you still have your foot on the brake pedal. It's likely that you just need to adjust or replace your brake pedal switch.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust