View Single Post
Old 5th December 2015, 11:48 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Doing a little research on that error code, it sounds like something is preventing it from accessing Apple's servers, either something security related, as 47p2's link suggests, or some other connection issue. It may even be that the broadband connection you are using is too restrictive and is blocking or interrupting the connection.

Some links with a few more suggestions to try:
http://www.igeeksblog.com/itunes-error-9/
http://www.jailbreaktrend.com/how-to...s-4-ipad-ipod/

From the information I can find, it does seem to be a very vague error code though, one that can mean numerous things. Some people seem to have had success in recovering from the error, while others have had devices replaced by Apple after being told their device was unrepairable.

Additionally, I have just found this information posted by a fellow techie forum member when he came across the same issue recently (this is a guy who has much more Apple experience than I do) :

Quote:
Yeah that's the problem, it's stuck in recovery mode and will not get into DFU mode. We've tried every combination of power and home buttons dozens of times.

I just fixed it this morning and here is how I did it. I also confirmed the upgrade to iOS 9 is what broke it. If you get one stuck in recovery mode with no way to get it out, follow these steps.

1. Go to http://www.wondershare.net
2. Download and install Dr. Fone for the OS you're running (no need to purchase it, free trial will work)
3. Connect your tablet and close iTunes if it opens
4. Open Dr. Fone software (click free trial) and click the button that says Restart the device
5. You should now see the desktop, if not proceed to step 6

6. If you still have the plug into iTunes after you restart the device in Dr. Fone, close Dr. Fone program
7. While tablet is still connected to your computer, open iTunes and you should be greeted with an option to set up your iPad as a new iPad.
8. Click set up as new iPad and you should now see the desktop.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO iOS 9

I just had to confirm iOS 9 broke this tablet so I did the upgrade once again after I got it working on the original 4.3.5 and once again it was stuck in this recovery mode with no way to turn it off or access DFU mode.

Hope this helps someone in the future (maybe even me as my memory isn't what it used to be)
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 5th December 2015 at 11:53 AM.