View Single Post
Old 15th July 2017, 12:21 PM

I have been quite for a while but still checking in and following the thread and doing a bit of experimenting myself but have not much spare time these days. I work 10pm to 6 am, sleep 7 am to 1 pm, and look after 2 little ones under 2 years 1:30pm to 9:30pm while wife is at work. So when I am at home I can't do much as the kids either need my attention or are trying to be 'helpful'

Anyhow I have my old PC running 2x GTX1080Ti now and another motherboard running 4x RX480. A bit disappointed with GTX1080 Ti as 2 of them cost more than 4x RX480 and are making less money while consuming similar amount of electricity. Don't know if I should return them within 14 days and buy 4x RX580 instead.

I have been messing with settings and not sure what I have done but I was messing with settings on AMD rig and while it was running dual DaggerHashimoto + Decred before it was not actually doing anything on Decred. Now it runs bith of them. It seems like dagger is more GRAM intensive and Decred more GPU intensive. power consumption has gone from ~600 to ~700W costing £8/month more but bringing in about £15 per month more.

I was set on buying L3+ but it's a bit of struggle buying enough of Bitcoin for it with credit card. With all the identity checks and limits on value Power supply for my old HP All in One printer had failed so I could not scan passport so did it at work but they did not accept my scan as the work scanner is et to scan black and white by default and I did not change settings. Next day I forgot to take passport with me to redo it in colour. Ended up buying new multi function printer but got a really good deal - £40 for the printer and enough ink to print 1800 pages over 6 months but I think I will do another thread on it.

Anyway I am short on Bitcoin to buy L3+ at the moment and the limit on amounts I can spend mean I will probably not be able to buy it buy the end of next week and I am afraid it might run out of stock again.

One weird problem I have noticed is that I have noticed if I log on PC using Remote Desktop and do not log out after a while I loose GPU's or it stops mining altogether. Not sure if using alternative like VNC or Teamviewer would be better. or just need to do quick check and disconnect.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure