Thread: Wanted D2 S8 UK
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2022, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
Hello,

I am looking for a low mileage (less than 90k) excellent condition, low owner D2 S8, ideally not silver or with a cream interior.

Im based in Woking Surrey, but willing to travel (within reason)

I test drove the blue one on autotrader for sale by Kingsgarage, but fundamentally its condition wasnt great, the tell for me was 3 different budget tyres (not a sign of an enthusiast owner). Car had been clearly sitting for a long time, and after research has been for sale for over a year.

Litterally, no D2 S8s for sale. Missed the black one that was sold by 4starclassics by 2days.

I own classics so arent in a mega rush but want to get one, as Ive got the V8 bug. I had a 2007 S5 many years ago, sold and missed ever since.
Welcome to the club Marty - both to the forum and to the (select) list of people looking for such a rare example. As already pointed out, if you're looking for an <90k S8 that's been well maintained you may be looking for quite a while. Sarg's one belonged to a good friend and member of the forum, and that's your most likely place to find one.

It might help if you give an idea of your budget (and what "within reason" means in terms of travel) - I presume as you have "other classics" and were considering the 4star one that you're prepared to pay a reasonable price for the right car - if it helps, I spent about 4 years looking for the right one for me and looked at several which were a couple of hundred miles from me. It was well worth the wait though .

Happy hunting

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.