View Single Post
Old 9th January 2020, 10:43 AM

I just got a quote from classiclineinsurance.co.uk on a limited millage, agreed valuation policy for my 2002 S8. They said they could class it as a "future classic". It came in at £400 for the year which is almost identical to my renewal quote with Admiral. The Admiral policy has no such millage restrictions.

The attractive quality of this policy for me was the agreed valuation part. That was until I read the documents they sent me.

Any opinions on the statement bellow which is cut and paste from there proposal would be much appreciated. It looks to me like they'll pay market value only, just like any other standard policy. The only advantage I can see is that you get to agree that market value up front. It also appears (but I have to confirm this) that you need to purchase the insurance policy first and then go through the agreed valuation process for an extra £24. If they decline your valuation and go with there own, you will be stuck with the policy anyhow.

There policy wording------

Please be realistic with your valuation. The figure that we agree will be the current market value of the vehicle and
unfortunately cannot take into account the cost of restoration or any sentimental value. If you have recently purchased
the vehicle, the purchase price will be the agreed value. Though it is human nature to over-value our possessions, we hope
that you will provide a fair assessment of the value which will then be compared to current market publications to ensure
accuracy and fairness.

Is this not just like a normal policy, market value only without any consideration for how much you have invested in the vehicle?

Frank