View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:13 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Now I had just done the rings using an old set I had hanging about! Unfortunately there are 2 things wrong with mine which yours will show up - the rings (ex-bootlid) are a millimeter or 2 oversize and, secondly, I didnt want to drill out the plastic ones and so mounted the rings over the top of the plastic ones. It sort of works but yours make mine look amateurish

You could still remove the original and replace it with a Q7 badge -- it's easy to drill-out without any damage. If you (carefully and slowly) drill/countersink the fixings from the rear the badge pops off, with fixing posts intact, should you ever want to glue it back in. The Q7 badge doesn't have the fixing posts of course but it's a perfect fit, and it's properly chromed (unlike the original badge that's just silvery/grey painted). I can't see any reason you'd want to put the original back on, unless the Q7 boot badge proves to be unsuitable for the environment (ie if it melts!) .... time will tell!

The Q7 badges can be had for about £17 inc postage:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252917182113
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust