View Single Post
Old 4th June 2018, 05:04 PM

Default Credit where credit is due...

Another year, another annual meet, and I'm already looking forward to the next one, as I'm sure many others are.

Having been involved in planning these events in prior years, I know that, apart from being preoccupied with the detailed questions relating to the event - e.g. where's a suitable base location/hotel, where are the good driving routes, etc, etc, there's really always only one big question - how do I make it as good as (or better than..) last year?

Well I think that question was well and truly answered this year - as we can already see from the numbers who came, the photos already being posted, the memories in our mind, and the friendships made and/or renewed.

However, there was one thing that was a bit different this year, and I know that Jim and Neil won't mind me saying this: normally the load in organising the event is shared, fairly evenly, between at least two or three people in the group.

This year however, for a number of reasons, one person did more than normal, and that was Mark (Moltuae), so I wanted to say thanks to him - and Lyn! - for pulling out all the stops to make this such a great event.

It was greatly appreciated, by me and others, and unbeknown to others probably caused Mark and Lyn more than a few late nights and well as sacrificed weekends over the last few months.

Thanks Mark. Would you like to do it again next year please?

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.

Last edited by tintin; 4th June 2018 at 06:09 PM.