View Single Post
Old 8th June 2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The FM signal is a good point - the D2 uses a complex antenna switching unit which doesn't tend to work with aftermarket radios. An antenna power injector works in non-TV cars, but I haven't tried it in mine yet. If you got the DAB option though, would FM even be needed? I don't listen to the radio.

Not sure if the GPS would work with the external antenna on the D2 - it would need an adapter. Again, needs testing. But, as long as you don't have heat reflective glass its simple enough to stick an aftermarket antenna under the rear shelf.

My main hesitation in buying one is sound quality since they don't publish technical specs for them and you have no way of telling what they have cut costs on. With a Kenwood, Alpine etc Android Auto head unit you know the quality will be there, but you lose the OEM look to get it.
Would like to keep the option of DAB & FM, some areas in Scotland not great for DAB but FM still works, if the DAB option is chosen (only available on the 2nd one you linked to MJ) where would the DAB signal get picked up from?

As regards sound quality the RNSd non Bose is not great to begin with so would expect even a cheaper option to Pioneer etc to be better TBH. Guess all we need is a "volunteer" to go for one and try it....names on used £10 notes to briang9 C/O A8Parts please

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey