View Single Post
Old 14th January 2019, 09:30 PM

I have driven a couple of TDi models and they are a very different beast from my FSI.

You drive them on the torque and they are grunty in such a light car. TDI90 mapped gives a decent chunk of torque and is a swift car, 3 cylinders also which is quite different and clever. In pure terms the FSI is fastest if driven hard but a diesel will still cover the ground well and be even faster with a map.

I went for the FSI as I like the nature of the car and you have to work it a little. My trips in it our only a couple of miles so the petrol was more suited to what I wanted from the car.

Depends really on what you want and how you intend to drive the car around on a daily basis. TDI will give more economy of course but it’s not an engine you would take pleasure from taking to the Rev limit, the FSI is just a simple four cylinder but i take an old school enjoyment from using all the revs. Diesels do need to be looked after a little more and a little more complex.

I would recommend looking and driving a couple of A2s to see what suits you engine wise. Some owners love to map the diesels and hypermile the hell out of them for example.
2002 Audi D2 2.8 A8 QS - Audi Silver
--

Last edited by Nognar; 14th January 2019 at 09:50 PM.