View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 10:04 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I've spoken to Powerflex about custom bushes before - they are happy to help, but I have concerns over noise, ride quality and longevity with poly. They never seem to last any decent length of time because the metal sleeves corrode and grit gets down the middle and just grinds them away. Now the original bushes are NLA though, I may have to just try it and see what happens.
You could try this place too: https://www.fibet.co.uk

I contacted them a few months ago when I had my rear subframe replaced and was struggling to get hold of a rear diff support bracket (I used one from a D3 in the end, which was a perfect fit BTW). Fibet were really helpful and were willing to make custom one-off bushes. All they required was the dimensions. They did warn me that the bushes may not perform the same as the originals (might be better, might be worse), given that the original bushes were a more complex shape. So, understandably, they made it clear that fitting them would be experimental and at my own risk.

They also stated "We don’t have a minimum order quantity just a carriage charge of £11 + VAT for order values below £150."

If you want to contact them, their general email address is sales@fibet.co.uk and the very helpful general manager I dealt with is a guy called Mike Connor: mconnor@fibet.co.uk
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 11th July 2019 at 10:08 AM.